As exciting as a new relationship can be, those first stages can also sometimes be downright awkward — especially when a gift-giving occasion pops up . . . Fear not, ’cause I’ve got ya covered! Obviously, everyone has varied interests. But whether you’re dating an outdoorsy guy, an intellectual, or a sports fanatic, there’s definitely a present on this gift guide that’s perfect for him!
Scroll through this gift guide to take the guess-work and stress out of shopping for your new man.
Let’s talk gifting for a second. It’s probably best not to go with something outrageously big or expensive, yet you don’t want to not get him anything at all. So the goal is to find a gift that manages to say “I-like-you-I-thought-of-you-I-look-forward-to-getting-to-know-you-better.”
An easy way to start getting some ideas flowing is to think of gifts that are reflective of something topical you’ve discussed. Did he bring up an interest in contemporary art? Find him a book of one of your favorite modern artists.
And I’m sure you’ve realized some of his like and interests since day one. Does he enjoy grilling out? Get him a snazzy grill tool. Did you two hit it off because of your shared love in indie music? Look up some venues to see what bands are coming to the area for tickets. Or you can even make him a Spotify playlist. Sometimes a small present – – something thoughtful, semi-personal, and affordable – – is the way to go when you’re dating a brand-new guy. And as cliche as it is, it’s the thought that really counts.
1. Dallas Cowboys Columbia Navy Flanker Polar Full-Zip Fleece Jacket ($64.99): Whether you like it or not, it’s football season. And there’s a good chance your new man is all about it. So why not get him some merchandise of his favorite football team? If he’s a big football fan, you will probably be his new favorite person!
2. Swizz Style Stadler Form Essential Oil Diffuser ($39.99): This slick diffuser’s sleek and modern look looks more like decor than a diffuser.
3. Timberland Men’s Lightweight Commuter Touch Screen Gloves ($24.95): Lightweight yet warm, the Lightweight Commuter gloves from Timberland are the perfect addition to his cold-weather look!
4. TYPO Retro Gamer ($49.99): Bring him back to the good ol’ days of classic video games with this novelty handheld game console with 150+ games to keep him occupied for hours and loving on you for life!
5. J. Crew Shearling Moccasins ($29.50): Get him these blissfully comfortable shearling moccasins from J. Crew factory.
7. Fabric Wireless Speaker ($34.95): From hanging out with friends to camping trips, gift him some Bluetooth speakers that’ll blast his jams no matter where you are without the hassle of wires.
8. Timex Weekender Chronograph Watch ($59.99): You don’t have to break the bank to get him a nice, timeless watch. And this handsome analog watch will definitely take his style up a notch. And it’s water resistant!
9. YETI Rambler Stainless Steel Tumbler ($29.99): This is the perfect gift for when he says you don’t have to get him anything. And it’s $10 off at Amazon! (You can also get him the 30 oz at $34.99, just $5 more)
10. Jackson Distressed Backpack ($24.99): Backpacks don’t have to look juvenile. Whether he’s going back and forth to work or school, you can easily replace his old backpack with this stylish one.
11. Coors Light Retro Light Beer & Export Larger Pint Glasses ($14.99): Both my brother and my dad are huge fans of collecting cool-looking or vintage pint and pilsner glasses. Two or three cool beer glasses don’t cost much and if your guy likes beer, he’ll like the gift (even if he doesn’t use them for beer).
12. Herschel Supply Co Dean Snapback ($25): Add this stylish snapback to his growing collection.
13. Jack Daniel’s Praline Pecans, Set of 6 ($23.94): You can never go wrong when gifting your man some whiskey-flavored snacks.
14. Abercrombie & Fitch Classic Flannel Sleep Pants ($33.60): During the colder months, even guys need a good pair of sleep pants. (Here’s a solid pair from Joe Fresh for $19) And, to give him another reason to get close and snuggle up, gift him a super luxe, soft-as-hell throw blanket.
15. Grizzly Bear – Painted Ruins LP Vinyl ($26.98): If your new man already has a record player and enjoys finding new bands/artists to listen to, getting him a record or two will definitely score you some major points.
16. Sharper Image Grey Fabric Headband Noise-Isolating Wireless Headphones ($24.99): Notice his current headphones have seen better days? Whether he likes listening to podcasts on his long bus commute to work, or plays desktop games and listens to music during his free-time, a good pair of wireless noise-cancellation headphones are a must!
If your guy doesn’t already have nice headphones, you’ll change his life with a nice pair.
17. Boy Smells Kush, Ash and Cedar Stack Votive Set ($44): Guys can like candles, too! And this uber manly trio set is sure to be lit at all times.
18. Kershaw Knife ($39.99): Tactical knives are all the rage these days, and this sleek Kershaw tactical knife
19. Burberry Weekend ($29.99): Switch out your dude’s Axe spray for something more sophisticated, like Burberry’s Weekend. With warm notes of amber, honey and oakmoss, this relaxing and comfortable fragrance is one you’ll definitely want to cuddle up next to.
Don’t forget to check out my other gift guides, too!
Shop the Guide + More!
+What do you think is the perfect thing to gift your new boyfriend for the holidays? Lemme know in the comments below!
Also, I have a huge favor to ask all of you! Just so I can understand you all better and make Original Caroline the best is can be, I’ve made a survey with just a few questions on it that I would greatly appreciate if you’d answer. Then in the first week of January, I’ll come back with the results and fill you in on what’s in store for the new year!